Sunday, September 30, 2012

Gonna Beat the Bridge!!

 Did my longest run today, 20 miles, I will get one more of those in before the marathon, I don't think I want a long taper because I don't feel super prepared after those two weeks off. For the first time I paused my run timer while I was stopped at lights etc. and if I can keep this up on race day I will be fine for getting to 20 miles with 14 minute miles. 

I made sure I wouldn't run out of water this time, took the hand held bottle and my camel back. I also downloaded some Jillian Michaels podcasts for more motivation, started listening to them after 12 miles, and it totally worked! I love music, but when you need a little push, just hearing her voice helped me get a little more pep in my step and prevented me from walking. 

I also tried an ice bath for the first time. It has already helped reduce the pain from running. I bought two bags from CVS then used up all the ice from my freezer. By bundling up it really wasn't that bad and I will definitely do it again. 

It wasn't especially pretty, but it is done!

Very first ice bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment