Monday, July 2, 2012

"Off" Day

I was pretty exhausted after the run last night, but had a feeling I have a cold coming on so I took some Nyquil and called it a night. Getting out of bed this morning was nearly impossible. I refuse to get sick so I hope that sleeping in today was enough, along with the Sudafed and Delsym I took during the day. No big worries because tomorrow is a half day at work! I just have to get up and run beforehand, and since I'm meeting Christine I'll be motivated by guilt. 

Ran FEP today and made everyone do a Tabata workout like I did last week, the other CFLs were wary of my "16 minute workout" but everyone was sweaty by the end. We did pushups, squats, sit-ups and jumping lunges. Afterwards, partially because I was so sore and to take up the rest of the hour, we did some yoga focusing on where I am most sore since starting to run more. Lots of pigeon pose. 

Tonight Crossfit was hell hard. We started with back squats, which went surprisingly well, with 3x70%, 3x80% and 3(3x90%). I got up to 135 for 90% which is right on track for 150 max rep and I felt much better and stronger than I did last week. 

The met con was 21-15-9 reps of dumbbell thrusters, box jumps, and burpees. I used 20# for the thrusters, 25# was Rx for women, but I think 20 was plenty for me, I was able to do the first round unbroken but had to take a break on the next two. I also biffed on number 18 of the first set of box jumps, of course I jumped up and said I was fine when someone asked, but my knee was hurting! I shook it off and finished in 11:58. I didn't notice until I got home that my arm was all scraped up. The box wins again. 

Damn you Box Jumps!

Had a nice walk home as the sun was setting and the bands for the 4th of July were practicing outside the Capitol building which was pretty fun. Still no idea what I'm doing for the 4th, I have a feeling it will turn into hanging out on my balcony by myself watching the fireworks. Oh well, the drinks are cheap and I don't have to worry about how I'll get home. 

The moon rising over the Botanical Gardens. 

The reflecting pool looking beautiful as the band plays. 


No comments:

Post a Comment