Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Feelin' Good About Myself

Work was sort of meh today, but I did manage to say no to free pizza, so yay for small victories. I also started downloading, read copying into an excel spreadsheet because I'm a little crazy, my marathon training plan now that I figured out where to get it. I'm not too thrilled with it, it uses times instead of distances and I'm not sure how I feel about that, will I get enough long runs before the real deal? I'm expecting to finish in about  5 hours and the longest "long run" in the plan is 4. There will have to be a great deal of mental fortitude build up before then. 


I did not make it to the pool this morning, I woke up on time, but my throat was sore and I could barely move after yesterday's lunges. So I slept in instead and was a little late to work, whoopsie!


After work I passed out on the couch for a bit (I also turned down happy hour so another point for me!) and had to do some self talk to get up and go to Crossfit, I'm so glad I did! It was a good work out, muscle up progression (I'm so very far from a real one) and a met con with snatches, which I'm good at so I like them, I even got a compliment from one of the new trainers. The WOD was 4x 12 DB snatches (25#), 5 pull-ups, and a 200m run. I finished in 11:20, was one of the first girls done and then helped out by calling out times for everyone who finished after me. My legs were super sore from lunges, but it would have been worse tomorrow if I didn't do anything today. 


Seeing as it's already 2220, I don't think I'm even going to attempt getting up to swim in the AM. It takes me forever to fall back asleep because I'm reasoning with myself the whole time and then when I do it's time to get up for work so I snooze through that alarm. What is the magic to make sleep better?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment