Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good Idea - Running home 3.5 miles from the gym after Crossfit. 
Bad Idea - Running in my New Balance barefoot shoes which I've only run 2 miles in up until now. 


My Crossfit buddy Christine and I are trying to lose some weight. I know cardio is what does it for me, but it's kind of hard to fit it in, or so I thought. Yesterday, on the metro home from the gym, she recommended we run home. We ran for probably about 70% of it but obviously walked quite a bit. It was much prettier, and we got home at almost the exact same time. If we had run the entire thing (read, if my legs weren't still killing me from Monday) we would have been home even sooner. That being said, running home from the gym is now on the menu. Plus, I got to wear my Spibelt for the first time, big fan, it flipped and bounced a little bit, but I think I have it under control now. 


Today's workout was shoulder press 3@70%, 3@80%, and 3(3@90%) I used 70# for my 90%. Interspersed with that was a series of lunges to increase strength in our adductors so we're all better at squatting! Then the met con was 50 Burpees. Sucksville. I was the last to finish at 4:35. Farewell self confidence from yesterday. I hate burpees. But I love the view from my balcony. 




In other news I've decided to go with a milage based training plan. Now I just have to find one. Sorry Active.com. I'm more sorry I paid $40 thinking that the Marine Corps would know best when it came to picking an official training plan for their marathon. Disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment